The new Municipal Parking Garage in Downtown Fort Lee officially opened on Wednesday, May 1, 2019.
Amenities of the new parking garage include:
- 200 outdoor, short-term parking spaces (with 68 more when the lot is completed for a total of 268)
- 357 parking spaces inside for monthly parking permit only vehicles
- Two glass enclosed elevator/stair towers
- Audio intercom assistance at all entry and exit gates (video to be installed)
- Card access or e-ticket entry
- Over 60 cameras throughout the garage
- High Quality LED Lumination Motion-Sensor lighting
- Emergency call buttons on every floor – for safety in the lot during late or early morning hours
- An electric car charging station with two ports (with 5 more being added in the near future)
All Fort Lee Municipal Parking lots are enforced 24 hours a day, 7 days a week (except holidays) and meet all ADA requirements. As before, the open surface parking lot is $.75/hour for the first 3 hours and $1.25 on the 4th hour thereafter, up to 24 hours. Monthly permits for garage parking are currently $150/month.
Between May 20 and June 1, if you purchase a monthly permit, you must go to the Parking Authority and get your new access card OR if you wish to use our e-ticket, you may do that directly online after May 20, no need to visit the office. Once you have your e-ticket or access card, you can set up auto pay or pay monthly as you go, all this can be processed on-line.